October is World Breast Cancer Month. This is the most common cancer not only in Russia, but also in other countries. Specialists from the National Medical Research Center for Oncology (National Medical Research Center for Oncology of the Russian Ministry of Health) named the symptoms of breast cancer that a woman can detect on her own.
– lump in the mammary gland;
– change in skin color;
– change in the shape and size of the mammary gland;
– expansion of superficial veins (clear venous network);
– skin retraction;
– presence of ulcers on the skin;
— lemon peel effect on the skin of the mammary gland;
– nipple retraction;
– discharge from the nipple, especially bloody;
– the appearance of new asymmetry of the mammary glands;
– enlarged axillary lymph nodes.
If you have one or more symptoms, you should urgently contact a gynecologist or oncologist. Specialists from the National Medical Research Center for Oncology of the Russian Ministry of Health remind women of the need to monitor the condition of the mammary glands, conduct monthly breast self-examinations, and undergo annual preventive examinations and examinations. This will make it possible to identify the disease in the early stages, when the tumor responds well to treatment.
- In minor forms of the disease, in the preclinical stages of cancer, a doctor’s examination and instrumental studies are necessary to identify the tumor. Every year a woman needs to consult a mammologist, gynecologist or oncologist. It is necessary to perform an ultrasound examination of the mammary glands, and after 40 years – a mammographic examination, says leading researcher of the department of soft tissue and bone tumors of the National Medical Research Center of Oncology of the Ministry of Health of Russia, Doctor of Medical Sciences Yuliana Shatova.
Following the recommendations will allow you to detect breast cancer in the early stages and promptly carry out effective treatment.
Photo by Federal State Budgetary Institution “National Medical Research Center of Oncology” of the Ministry of Health of Russia