The District Mobility Secretariat (SDM) announced the creation of a new Traffic Management Plan (PMT) that contemplates the partial closure of NQS avenue in Bogotá. This closure will affect one lane in the south-north direction, specifically between 53B Bis and 62 streets. The measure was taken to facilitate the construction of concrete slabs that are necessary for the maintenance of road infrastructure.
According to the district entity, These activities will be carried out in two stages as follows:
- Stage 1: From 10:00 pm, on Monday, January 22, 2024 until 05:00 am, on Friday, January 26, 2024, permanently 24 hours a day.
The second phase will start in February 2024 and will be as follows:
Stage 2: It will start from 10:00 pm, on Monday, February 12, 2024 until 05:00 am, on Friday, February 16, 2024, permanently 24 hours a day.
You can now follow us on WhatsApp Channel and in Google news.
As part of the Traffic Management Plan (PMT), a new stage of remodeling will begin on NQS Avenue, this in order to facilitate the execution of construction activities and guarantee mobility for all people traveling through the area. In this order of ideas, the Mobility Secretary authorized the following measures:
- Transit of private vehicles and public transportAccording to the IDU, those traveling along NQS Avenue in a south-north direction will continue to do so in the three remaining lanes that will be enabled on the corridor.
- Pedestrian traffic: The platforms and existing infrastructure for pedestrians and cyclists will not be affected in any way, so they will be able to travel normally.
The Ministry of Mobility provided some recommendations that are aimed at pedestrians, residents of that area of the city, drivers and bicycle users.
- Pedestrians: They must prioritize their safety when traveling on platforms and pedestrian pathsfollowing the traffic regulations that urge crossings to be made at corners and areas designated for this purpose, in order to safeguard the physical integrity of citizens and promote harmonious coexistence on the road that will be remodeled in its stage 2.
- Users of the sector: Residents of that sector of Bogotá should take this information into account and travel with caution.in attention to the signage, so that they can make their usual routes without setbacks.
- Drivers: Drivers were invited to travel with caution and respect road signs as part of the Traffic Management Plan (PMT) to guarantee safety and adequate flow of vehicles.. This measure is part of actions to optimize mobility and prevent accidents, especially during periods of the day where some areas of NQS Avenue may have high congestion.
- Pedestrians, bike-users and drivers: all road actors will be obliged to comply with the work signs, as well as the instructions and recommendations of the traffic assistants and personnel in charge.
On the other hand, the Ministry of Mobility announced another road closure in Bogotá, it is a lane in the direction of the vehicular bridge from Boyacá Avenue to Villavicencio Avenue. This infrastructure work will be developed in order to advance the periodic maintenance and rehabilitation activities of the vehicular bridge in compliance with contract IDU-1776-2021.
The District Mobility Secretariat (SDM) authorized the PMT for the closure of a lane in the south-north direction on the vehicular bridge on Boyacá Avenue by Villavicencio Avenue. These activities will take place starting at 10:00 pm, on January 22, 2024, and will last for a period of approximately two months with a 24-hour closing time.
The district agency also confirmed that the platforms and existing infrastructure for pedestrians and cyclists will not suffer any type of impact.; For this reason, pedestrians and cyclists will be able to travel normally through the infrastructure intended for them.
Meanwhile, users who circulate on Boyacá Avenue in a south-north direction will continue to circulate on the three remaining lanes that will be enabled on the vehicular bridge.