From Dec. 1 – 10 at The Cowboy Channel Cowboy Christmas, the Ariat Rodeo Live Stage will bring live talk show style entertainment to rodeo fans. Free to the public, Cowboy Christmas is open 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. (PT) daily at the Las Vegas Convention Center, South Halls and features more than 350 exhibitors and interactive elements for rodeo fans.
Each day, the Ariat Rodeo Live State will feature the following (all times PT and subject to change):
RMEF Calcutta – starting at 10 a.m.
Cowboy Revival with hosts Shane Minor and Alecia Davis – starting at 11 a.m.
Outside the Barrel with Flint Rasmussen – starting at 12:15 p.m.
NFR Tailgate Party – starting at 1:30 p.m.
Rasmussen has been a staple at The Cowboy Channel Cowboy Christmas and continues to deliver laughs, entertainment and special guests during the ten days. Also back for a third year is the live-music show Cowboy Revival with hosts Shane Minor and Alecia Davis. The Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Calcutta will be held daily. Returning again in 2022 is the NFR Tailgate Party which will be broadcast live on The Cowboy Channel. This year, the NFR Tailgate Party will include a series of panel discussions with current and former rodeo champions, legends, industry leaders and more. The “Rodeo Deep Dive” panels – hosted by Fanchon Stinger and Katy Lucas – will begin at 2 p.m. daily.
To add to the overall experience, RMEF’s Hunter & Outdoor Christmas Expo will be co-located upstairs in the South Halls from The Cowboy Channel Cowboy Christmas. Over the past 35 years, Cowboy Christmas has attracted more than 4.8 million attendees.
In addition to the Ariat Rodeo Live Stage, The Cowboy Channel Cowboy Christmas will include the following main anchor displays and programming elements:
• Wrangler Rodeo Arena – Featuring a seating capacity of more than 1,100 fans, the arena host a variety of events and competitions. The YETI Junior World Finals will feature contestants 19-years-old and younger competing in many of the events the pros take part in at the Thomas & Mack Center, including bull riding, bareback riding, saddle bronc riding, steer wrestling, girls and boys breakaway, team roping, tie-down roping, pole bending and barrel racing;
• Ranch Water Rodeo Saloon – Every great “rodeo” needs a saloon. Located near the east end of Cowboy Christmas, the Ranch Water Rodeo Saloon features specialty drinks and souvenir collectible cups. In addition, with its close proximity to the Ariat Rodeo Live Stage, this will be a great place to be close to the action;
• Bites and Brews – A series of custom food and beverage carts will be located on the second floor adjacent to the Wrangler Rodeo Arena;
• NFR After Dark presented by Community Coffee – This customized area features Cloud Touch units promoting all aspects of the NFR Experience and how fans can engage at the 25 sponsor hotels;
• A new area upstairs will be Cowboy Christmas Village sponsored by Clint Orms. This festive area will include Candy Cane and Cowboy Kissmas Arch Photo Walls, a custom 12-foot Christmas tree with a tiny train and village, daily appearances by Santa Claus from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. and more.
Sold out for more than 340 consecutive performances in Las Vegas, the Wrangler NFR attracts the top 15 contestants in bareback riding, steer wrestling, team roping, saddle bronc riding, tie-down roping, barrel racing and bull riding. Under the new contract with the Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association that runs through 2025, the purse in 2022 is more than $10.9 million. Qualification is based on the 2022 PRCA World Standings.
For more information on the Wrangler NFR Live and The Cowboy Channel Cowboy Christmas, please visit NFRexperience.com or through social media at /LasVegasNFR and use #WranglerNFR. For the latest Pro Rodeo news and Wrangler NFR coverage, please visit prorodeo.com or through social media at @PRCA_ProRodeo.